Will an ironclad pre-nup from one state be just as ironclad in another?

Question Details: I recently inherited a large sum from my mother. The lawyer for the estate told me that my pre-nup, signed 7 years ago, might not be valid in the state where I live now or in the state where I'm moving to. Therefore, he is holding up transfer of the inheritance until I'm sure I don't need a trust or other vehicle to protect it. I can't seem to find anyone who knows the answer to whether or not I will be leaving that inheritance open to my spouse should we divorce even if it remains in an account solely in my name as my other assets are. Do I need an enforcement order? How do I get one?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.