Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Who do I report bankruptcy fraud to?

Question Details: Company A - around for a long time. Owned by father/sun duo. Get into debt because they overspend and manage their money poorly. Son buys Company B from friend for a dollar. Father and son move all of the clients and assets over to Company B and move office locations. Company A stops paying their independent contractor production workers, leaves the building in the cover of night, and files bankruptcy. Isn't this illegal? Who do I report this to?

Janet Martin / Janet Martin Attorney At Law Answered 7 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.