Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sue if my child was temporarily taken from me after birth due to an inaccurate drug screen?

Question Details: While on labor with my first child I gave a drug screen that cane up positive for a synthetic heroin. I demand a second test. It was still positive. A CPS worker from the hospital visited me and demanded I tell the truth and admit. I did not admit to it and asked her to leave. A second CPS worker came from the state with a sheriff. They then took my daughter fron me and I was not allowed to see her. Shortly after the sherrif returned and had told me they made a mistake and my druf screen had been contaminated. And they returned my daughter to me. Do I have grounds to sue? And who would I sue?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.