Which insurer do I go after regarding an accident that happened when my car was with a dealership?
Question Details: A car dealership was driving my car from their shop back to dealership they were going 45 in a center turn lane. They were struck by another vehicle attempting to turn. Dealership is 80 at fault, other driver is 20. I wasn't even present or involved and dont want to pay anything. My car may be totaled. Airbags deployed. Need a rental ASAP with no out of pocket cost. How do I go about this?
Since both the dealership and the other driver were at fault, you would file a property damage claim with the insurance for the dealership and the insurance for the other driver. The dealership's insurance should pay 80% and the other driver's insurance should pay 20% for your rental car and the property damage to your vehicle.
Rate This Answer:
Not Yet Rated
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.