Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do about claiming property from a liar who misappropriated ny money?

Question Details: When my former daughter-in-law wanted to buy property in Hawaii, I loaned her the money, gave her power of attorney to buy in my name so she and the children and my son, who was deployed at the time, would have a place to live. She was to keep up the mortgage payments but she instead bought in her name. The power of attorney was filed in both there and here. I was not aware until she filed for divorce that she misused the money and lied about the property purchase. The amount was $10,000. What can I do about claiming the property or forcing her to sell it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.