Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What types of insurance do I need to open a bar/grill?

Question Details: We are planning to buy a bar/grill which has been closed for almost a year. We will be purchasing the building and the half acre it is on. We will be paying with cash. The previous owner still has a couple of pending lawsuits from when she owned the bar and a couple of people got hurt. We were told that if we pay cash that is the only way those lawsuits will not follow the building or make our insurance outrageous or almost impossible to get. Is this true? Also, what types of insurance do we need and what other legal processes do we need to be aware of. Do we need insurance on the building and separate for the business itself? Is there specific insurance for bars or bars/restaurants. Are there certain things that will make our insurance more affordable. Such as people with certain certificates or training. Do we need to have an attorney on retainer at all times? Is it best to have one locally or is there an online place to do it for cheaper and have them take care of everything and make sure we have everything needed to cover our butts in any situation. Are there any other questions that I haven't thought of that I need to be aware of?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.