What type of traveling document do I need as a U.S. permanent resident wanting to travel abroad?

Question Details: I want to go on a 2 weeks vacation to Thailand but I'm only a U.S. permanent resident and I can't obtain a foreign passport from the country that I was born in which is Laos. Does that mean I have to apply for the I-31 refugee travel document? I came to America as a refugee. I'm still waiting for my naturalization process.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.