What is the quickest way to stop a garnish on an acount that is solely funded by social security disability income?

Question Details:

A law firm is garnishing my bank account, but I was never notified of this, and they never checked to see what income I had. They have already taken $50 from a Medicare check that I put into my account. For them to remove the garnishment, I must fax them 3 months bank statements and my disability awards letter. They said that it is going to take a long time to get the garnishment off of my bank account, even with the proof that they are illegally garnishing government benefits. What can I do to make them give me my account back and the money illegally taken from it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.