What do I do? I had a car accident but no insuracne and no police report.  Now I'm being asked to pay for unreasonable damage.

Question Details:

I was involved in an accident and I have no insurance. I exchanged my info with the man driving and I told him to put his son's info down as well but he didn't. His son was driving but seems to young to drive. We did not fill out an accident report and there were no injuries.  There was one dent about a 12 by 6 inches but right below the dent there was substantial rust. The man called me and told me that there was $2400 worth of damage because some part has to be replaced. However, I think that I'm only liable for the dent. just to check, I pulled out a blue booked and the car only books at $2000. What are my rights?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.