Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do about being held to an rolling month-to-month lease after I have moved out?

Question Details:

I have moved out of state. However I had an apartment lease with a roommate that ended 2 1/2 months ago. I notified the lease office in writing 2 months earlier that I would no longer be residing in the apartment because I was relocating for work but that I would continue to fullfill my financial obligation through the end of the lease term. The other tenant has not chosen to terminate the lease and has continued to live in the apartment. I also notified the other tenant that I would no longer pay rent after the lease agreement ended.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.