Ask a Landlord / Tenant Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

New South Dakota Landlord / Tenant Legal Questions & Answers

Landlord Rights

You can charge for damage which exceeds normal "wear and tear" given the length …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 2 years ago

Can I get out of my lease if the rental company has people coming into my apartment whenever they want without notice?

Yes, you potentially can: having someone go into your unit unannounced, without at least …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 3 years ago

If my friend has an ex that he wants evicted from his apartment but she is on the lease, what can he do?

He *can't* get her removed from the lease: if she is on the lease, …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago

What to do if a landlord wants to charge me for the cost of new carpet if my dad died after 17 years as a tenant?

A tenant cannot be charged for ordinary wear and tear to a carpet. And …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago