Ask a Real Estate Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New DC Real Estate Legal Questions & Answers

I co own a house with my sister i would like her to buy me out what should i do we havent spoke in years

You can file for what is known as a "partition" action. In such an …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 1 year ago

If my property has been repossessed by the bank, am I still liable for the full mortgage amount less the auction price?

What you are referring to is known as the "deficiency" or the mortgage amount …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

What does a motion for default mean and what can we do about it?

A motion for default is made when a defendant fails to file a timely …

Paula J. McGill, Attorney At Law answered 7 years ago

Can I sue the board of my condo for refusing to provide me information on the financial's of our condo reserves?

If you are a member of your homeowner's association, by virtue of home ownership …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago