Ask a Immigration / Naturalization Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New North Dakota Immigration / Naturalization Legal Questions & Answers

If I've been living in the US with my family for 5 years on an L1 visa, can I apply for citizenship?

No, you have to be a permanent resident for 5 years before being eligible …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 3 years ago

Do I have to lose my job and leave the country or is there another way to continue working on legal status?

You can work but it will not be lawful employment once your OPT ends.  …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago