Ask a Immigration / Naturalization Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New Kentucky Immigration / Naturalization Legal Questions & Answers

What to do if I have just being denied my OPT student visa extension as it was received by the USCIS 2 days late?

You can try but there is no guarantee.  They will not really care too …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago

When is the earliest I can apply for citizenship?

Unfortunately, no.  You have to be a permanent resident for 5 years, of which …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 years ago

How long must I stay in the US to become a citizen if I have a greencard?

You must have a green card for at least 5 years, and continuously reside …

BIRG & MELTSER answered 6 years ago

Am I legally eligible to do freelancing as part-time along with my current job?

Whether or not you are contractually precluded from doing the desired freelancing you want …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago