Ask a Child Custody, Support, Adoption Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

New Hawaii Child Custody, Support, Adoption Legal Questions & Answers

Am I able to stop my spouse from taking our child out of the state before filing for divorce?

As long as there is no custody order in effect, then your wife is …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 months ago

I live in Hawaii and got divorced here. My ex lives in California. Does that subject me to California law?

So this is a complicated question.  The simple answer is that you need to …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 1 year ago

What to do if my brother fathered a child but the mother knowingly chose to put a different mans name on the certificate?

I suggest that you brother consult with a family law attorney to discuss the …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago

If my husband wants to adopt my daughter, do we need the permission of her biological father?

Under the laws of all states in this country in order for your husband …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

What do I have to do to get guardianship or adopt my 16 year old nephew who already livws with me?

I am so sorry for your loss.  Your nephew is a lucky boy to …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago