Ask a Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New Wyoming Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Legal Questions & Answers

How do I begin a legal separation while living abroad?

Are both of you living abroad or only you?  And are both of you …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

If your spouse is in violation of an official divorce decree, can you claim your child on your income tax return?

If your ex-spouse is in violation of the divorce decree, you would have to …

Broadbent & Taylor answered 7 years ago

What happen to assets in the event of death or divorce?

Wyoming is what is known as an equitable distribution state. This means that with …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

Does WY have "homewrecker" laws?

No.  Very few states recognize "alienation of affections" as a valid lawsuit any longer, …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 9 years ago