Ask a Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New Rhode Island Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Legal Questions & Answers

What to do if my ex-wife has not signed over quitclaim deed which was court ordered more than a year ago?

If there is a court order requiring your former wife to quitclaim to you …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

Can I reverse something in my divorce decree if it's been 10 years?

The answer to this question will depend greatly on how your divorce ended. Most …

The Micklin Law Group answered 7 years ago

What will happen if I don't show up in court for my divorce?

If you don't show up to court for your divorce, the answer to your …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

If I have a common law marriage, am I eligible for regular divorce rights?

Lucky for you that Rhode Island is one of those sates that recognizes common …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 8 years ago