Ask a Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

New Oregon Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Legal Questions & Answers

Interest from student loan debt

No, he is not responsible for them. This was a debt incurred prior to …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 months ago

Is Washinton state real estate in aquired by gift considered separate property in a marriage?

Property that is acquired through either gift or inheritance is the sole and seperate …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 months ago

What are my rights regarding an overpayment of spousal support due to a clerical error?

You don't have any rights, unfortunately. The obligor is NOT required to pay anything …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 months ago

Must I continue to pay alimony in my retirement years? Since 1981. I am 76.

Retirement does not automatically end or reduce alimony, unless the divorce settlement or decree …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 months ago