Ask a Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New Maine Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Legal Questions & Answers

Does a father who signed a birth certificate have to pay child support if he's not the biological father?

Until a person has been deemed the father of a child per a court …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago

Who gets the car?

  You may keep the car for now and …

Hochman And Peppler LLC answered 7 years ago

Is my husbnd still responsible for our bills if he left me with no warning?

I am so sorry for your situation.  Yes, he is still responsible for the …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

If I inherited my deceased parent's house and I was later married but am now getting a divorce, does my spouse have any legal claim to it?

If you live in a community property state, community property is property acquired during …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago