Ask a Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

New Illinois Divorce, Marriage, Alimony Legal Questions & Answers

What are my options here?

No, you almost certainly cannot get maintenance/alimony at this point: that was already determined, …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 3 months ago

If my future husband has to pay his ex wife a lump sum of money can she go after the new wife

First, congratulations on your pending marriage.  Second, you don't need to worry about being …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 months ago

If the court did not put the correct address in the court papers, do I still have rights to the house?

Yes, he needs to go back to court and correct this, BUT he will be …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 months ago

If I quit claim my share of our house over to my husband and we end up getting divorced, am I entitled to my fair share?

You are entitled to whatever you agree to sign it over for. You quitclaiming …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 9 months ago

If I need a proof that my marriage with my husband is my first marriage, where do I get such certificate?

There is no such thing as proof or certificate of first marriage: when you …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 9 months ago