Ask a Collections And Debt Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New New York Collections And Debt Legal Questions & Answers

What are the chances of being sued for the deficiency on a motor vehicle after a voluntary repossession?

Based upon my experience with automotive repossession (voluntary or involuntary) the chances of the …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago

Can my bank account be seized by one collection agency while my wages are being garnished by a different collection agency?

Yes, one creditor could potentially take money from your bank account at the same …

What to do if my debt management company went out of business without refundung to me my initial deposit of $571?

If the debt management company was not a corporation or an LLC (limited liability …

If I broke an item accidentally in a shop, am I oblioged to compensate the retailer?

Yes, if you break another's property, you are liable (financially obligated or responsible) for …

What to do if my neighbor was going to have someone buy out my lease and I was going to buy one of his cars but I backed out of …

Since there is nothing signed in writing about the transaction that you have written …