Ask a Collections And Debt Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

New Maryland Collections And Debt Legal Questions & Answers

If I have a medical bill from a major hospital and want to arrange a payment schedule, can I be made to sign a contract regarding this?

It is voluntary to enter into a payment plan--the creditor (i.e. the hospital) does …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago

What are my rights if a collection attorney contacted me regarding a private student loan?

There is no law saying that you have to pay 10% before they will …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 years ago

Is there a way to stop a garnishment once it has started?

The two ways to stop a garnishment is to file a claim of exemption …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

What to do if I have a bank coming after me for a loan dating back 21 years ago?

If you last payment was made 21 years ago and you did not agree …

Paula J. McGill, Attorney At Law answered 7 years ago