Ask a Collections And Debt Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

New Kentucky Collections And Debt Legal Questions & Answers

If I'm being sued for an unpaid hospital debt, what happens if I do not go?

It would be advisable to request a continuance because of a death in your …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago

What can I do if I received a civil summons from a debt collector but don't have the money to pay?

Social security disability cannot be garnished, so your income is essentially collections proof. However, …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago

If I am 69, totally disabled, with a monthly SS income of $456, can I be sued for credit card debt?

Yes you can be sued.  The question becomes can the credit card company collect …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago