Ask a Collections And Debt Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

New Kansas Collections And Debt Legal Questions & Answers

Can a civil judgement against me take my SSD or child support?

Neither child support nor SSI can be garnished: a creditor, including a judgment creditor …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 1 year ago

How long do I have to wait before taking a client to court over an unpaid bill?

You may sue as soon as the bill is past due. If the contract, …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 years ago

What to do if my husband cosigned for a credit card for his friend but the friend quit paying the bills and now it is in collections?

Yes, if your friend charged expenses which, under the agreement between your husband and …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago

What to do if a garnishment company is saying that they cannot garnish my old roommate because he lives out of state?

1) Legally, you can garnish the wages  of someone who lives out of state, …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago