Ask a Collections And Debt Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

New Georgia Collections And Debt Legal Questions & Answers

If I owe city taxes, can my social security check be garnished?

As a general rule, Social Security payments cannot be garnished. That having been said, …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 2 years ago

What can we do if my boyfriend and I purchased a motorcycle over 3 months ago but we've yet to receive the title?

You could sue him for breach of contract, for not doing what he agreed …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago

Can a collection agency call the county in which I live and have a warrant issued for my arrest for non-payment?

You cannot be threatened with criminal action for a past due debt. The fact is …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago