Ask a Collections And Debt Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

New DC Collections And Debt Legal Questions & Answers

What to do if my company has a borrower who engaged a lawyer to act on her behalf and now she has filed for bankruptcy?

Clients can always contact each other but lawyers can not contact clients when they …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

Can I be sued in one jurisdiction or small claims if I'm a resident of another state and have lived here for only 2 months?

A lawsuit can be filed in the state where the plaintiff resides (landlord is …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago

Can a pay day lender file criminal charges on an unpaid loan?

You cannot go to jail for failing to pay a bill, unless the person …

Ahluwalia Law P. C. answered 7 years ago

How do I proceed to get money back from my husband's friend who borrowed from us 7 years ago?

Generally speaking from your question alone, most statutes of limitations indicate you already lost …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 8 years ago