Ask a Collections And Debt Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

New Connecticut Collections And Debt Legal Questions & Answers

What percentage of your paycheck can be garnished by creditors?

A creditor can garnish the lesser of: 25% of your disposable earnings, or the …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago

What to do if I got a call from a company about a debt 13 year old debt that they threatened to take me to court over?

If a creditor fails to sue you within your state's specified time period, then …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 years ago

If I want to start my own small business but have a restitution of $250K with the feds, can I register/incorporate and operate without them interfering?

Having a restitution agreement and/or order will not prevent incorporation, registration, or operation, but …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago