Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

New Maine Bankruptcy Legal Questions & Answers

If I pay for several household bills that are in my son's name because he is unemployed, will it prevent me from filing bankruptcy?

You can still file bankruptcy.  On your bankruptcy schedules (forms) you can reaffirm the …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 years ago

What to do if I need to file bankruptcy for my own personal debt?

Yes, the situation you describe could have an impact on your bankruptcy in one …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago

If my husband and filed for Chapter 13 about 2 years ago and we have 3 years left, can I separate from him while in this?

Given what you have written about there is nothing prventing you legally from separating …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago