Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

New Iowa Bankruptcy Legal Questions & Answers

What to do if my mother, who co-signed on my student loan, filed for bankruptcy to clear several of her debts and my loan but a creditor is now contacting …

Your mother's bankruptcy was not your bankruptcy: she could possibly discharge *her* obligation to …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 years ago

What assets can be kept in a bankruptcy?

So long as your brother is current on his payments for the mobile home …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 years ago

How do I get an open judgment off of my credit report after filing for bankruptcy?

The only way you can get the "open judgment" reference off of your credit …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 7 years ago