Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New Colorado Bankruptcy Legal Questions & Answers

If I'm 72 years old and about to retire but have credit card debt that I can't pay when I do retire, would it be best to file bankruptcy?

Technically, the term should be "collection proof," not "judgment proof"--the other side can get …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 4 years ago

What is the law regarding divorce, bankruptcy and keeping your name on a mortgage?

Please bring your divorce documents to an attorney as well as your discharge papers. …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 5 years ago