Someone has my property and refuses to return it. The police have recovered some of my property that was stolen by this person. How do I proceed

Question Details: Since The same person who refuses to return my property, has also stolen some of my property, can I sue them for theft and recover damages in court. The police have recovered property that belonged to me, and was sold to someone by this person. The police are supposed to be getting a warrant for a misdemeanor. Can I sue this person in civil court? Can I recover the items borrowed by this person in addition to money damages?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.