Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to expect for skipped jail time on an aggravated DWI?

Question Details:

My boyfriend received a 90 day maximum sentence for an aggravated DWI (twice over legal limit) in MNover 3 years ago (als (his 2nd DWI). He hasn't had a drink in over 2 years. We are getting married in a month and are expecting our first child in 6 months. He wants to turn himself in and get this cleared up before the baby comes. If he does turn himself in, what kind of sentence/ penalties is he looking at? Also, are they easier on the sentence if you turn yourself in compared to being picked up? Should he first speak with a criminal law attorney? In Douglas County, NE.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.