How do you find out if someone received a settlement from a lawsuit?

Question Details:

Is there anyway to find out if my sister got lawsuit money? My mom was a passenger in a car accident. The kid who caused the accident had no insurance, no license, not the owner of the car, etc. His girlfriend died on the scene. My mom suffered; her leg was shattered among other problems. She was air flown to the medical facility. They put steel rods and pins in her leg. After coming home took she had go to to another hospital. Due to a bad infection her leg had to be amputated (should have been done in the beginning). Mom died as a result of infection a couple days later. My oldest sister who hasn't had anything to do with mom in years showed up and took over. The lawyer said can go after kid or take the $25 uninsured motorist insurance from driver of car mom was in. My sister took the $25,000. The lawyer and funeral were paid. The remainder was prorated to medical bills. Brother and sister all fighting now. One brother says that sister got another lawsuit for $65,000. Is that possible? Is there anyway to find out? Accident in MO; mom lived in AR; sister lives in TX; and the medical facility is in TN.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.