Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How to have a condition removed from a green card?

Question Details: I am married to a US citizen and need to apply to have a condition removed from my green card. My husband has moved out for a year now but since we have a 3 year old we still keep in touch. We have not filed a divorce yet but he is not willing to apply for removal of the condition. Will I lose my status and my son? We have been together for 12 years but married only 3.5 years ago when we were expecting. My only fear is of loosing my son. I basically raised him all by my self and love him more than anything in this world. Is there a possibility that I will be deported without my child who is also a US citizen?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.