Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if financing of my new car fell through and I cannot get my trade-in back?

Question Details:

Last month I purchased a new vehicle with a trade-in. For financing the dealer required proof of income in the form of income verification, which was supplied and accepted. The dealer told me to take the vehicle home and I would be notified. A few days ago I received a call stating that there was a problem with the proof of income and I had to supply more information; if not the car would have to be returned. Since there is nothing more to provide I agreed to return the new vehicle but now the dealer cannot return my old car in because they do not have it. Is there any recourse?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.