Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

obligations for medical payments for minor child in divorce agreement

Question Details: My ex- husband was ordered to pay 66% of my daughter's medical and dental payments after the first $100 dollars for the year. His obligation came to $464 for 2008 and he has not paid. I have copies of receips for the payments I've made from all Dr.'s and pharmacies. What are my options to collect? Someone mentioned something about a 'motion to show cause'. Can I take him to small claims court and if I win would he also br ordered to pay court costs?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.