Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Can my son be sued for an accident that occurred when he was a minor?

Question Details:

I was just served a complaint that was filed against my son as the sole defendant when he was 17 years old . He is now 19. Can he be sued alone as a minor? He was driving someone's vehicle which turned out to be uninsured at the time when he rear ended the vehicle that was driving in front of him. I can not seem to find an attorney to answer complaint from a defense side within the required 20 days so I am filing pro se. In that the 2 years to file a complaint has now run, can it be dismissed based on the fact that they are serving him alone and do not have him listed as a minor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.