Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can be done about a trespassing neighbor?

Question Details: My mother owns land but has been living away in a different state. While she has been away, a man living on the next parcel of land has been selling her hay and has been keeping all the money, the amount of $1000 per year for the last 19 years a lot of money for a women in her 80's. This same man has cut a trench across my mother's land without any permission rendering that part of the land useless. Can that man be taken to court over these obvious illegal activities and can my mom expect to recoup the income loss that man has been taking from her?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.