Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if my husband to be and I were recently told that he does not have the right to see his child without the supervision of a social worker?

Question Details: This is however after the child was up to visit us for 2 weeks this summer. The court date for child support was around thanksgiving last year. The father was unable to attend the court date in person because it was in another state. Unfortunately, he was not able to be on the phone either. A month after the child was home, the mother called and asked if we could take the child for a month or so while she looked for a new job and babysitter. Can we get into trouble for violating custody if we didn't know we were?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.