Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if my husband lied to me and tricked me into marring him to get his green card?

Question Details:

My soon-to-be ex-husband is from Pakistan. He got his green card 8 month ago and left me 6 months later. He has told everyone he only married me to get his green card. I married him because I loved him and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. He tricked me and used me. What he did was wrong and he does not deserve to keep his green card. He should have it taken away and be deported or maybe serve some jail time. I didn't do anything wrong because I truly believed we were in a real marriage. But I know the INS may not see it that way. I need to know what will happen to me if I turn him in?

Harun Kazmi / Kazmi And Sakata Attorneys At Law Answered 8 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.