Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Wht to do if my ex is trying to take our daughter to Jamaica without my permission and file for Jamaican citizenship for her?

Question Details: My girlfriend and I have a daughter together. She is a naturalized US citizen and a Jamaican Citizen. I am a US citizen and our daughter is a US citizen. We got our daughter a passport when we were still together but now we are separated. My name is on the birth certificate and no paternity test was done or custody arrangement set by the courts. I know I need to get paternity established and go to court for custody but can my ex take our daughter to Jamaica without my consent? I live in the US Virgin Islands and she lives in the states?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.