Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

What happens if you can't pay court ordered fees?

Question Details: My fiancé has gone through a custody dispute with her ex. It was stated in the agreement that both parties would split the GAL fees. Her ex has paid in full. Because support was reduced and she does not work or any income she has no money to pay. The GAL motion the court to pay her fees. It was granted. Now the county collections has sent her a letter stating to pay them in full in 30 days or dispute. She does want to dispute because she feels there are fauls charges and biasness. This aside, if she cannot pay because she has no income or means to do so, what consequences might she be facing? Could she be put on contempt charges?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.