Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What are my rights if my ex-husband and I are both still on the title to the house and now he wants me to sing a quitclaim deed but our divorce decree is silent on the issue?

Question Details: He wants to refinance but cannot unless I sign a quit claim deed. He has physical custody of the house. No where in our divorce decree does it say I ever have to sign it off. He is now telling me I have until next week to sign a quit claim deed or he will go after me for damages if is not able to refinance. Can he legally force me to sign off?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.