Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if my brother and his wife convinced my elderly mother to put up a huge down payment on a house without my knowledge?

Question Details: They have done this behind my back. My dad is very sick and my mom is not well either. Throughout his life, my brother has been using my parents as a cash machine. Now, in their last stage of life, he has extracted a large sum from their estate. This basically transfers money from what would have been my inheritance to him. I don't know who will be on the deed of the new house. I don't know what form of ownership it is in. The house is currently in escrow. Can I stop the escrow? Will I need a lawyer?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.