How to get back our security deposit if we had to terminate our lease early due to uninhabitable conditions?

Question Details: My boyfriend and I were renting an apartment/condo. We signed a 6 month lease but had to move out after 4 1/2 months. We lived with no hot water for 3 months, had a shower leak that leaked as much hot water as you would use taking a shower for about a month and a half, and no working oven since the day we moved in. The hot water leak was so bad the water molded out 2 closets, everything in the closets, my bedroom floor, and under the kitchen tile as well as the bathroom. We had to move out because my boyfriend is asthmatic and couldnt breathe in there. We haven't recieved our deposit or a letter saying why. What can I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.