Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can you due for injuries received when you're encouraged to accept a dare?

Question Details: About 3 months ago, my 33 year old daughter's employer rented a boat, bought alcohol and had an "out of the office day". She is in a salaried position. Her boss, the owner of the company, stated that he would give her $1000 to jump off a bridge. She did and suffered 3 rib fractures, a pneumothorax and a neck fracture, C2 level. She spent 5 days in hospital 2 or 3 days in the ICU. Thankfully she has full mobility but still lots of pain, dizziness and blurry vision. She was off work 2 months. She now has a $10,000 medical bill over and above her insurance and she will incur more debt. However her boss, the owner, has not given her the $1000. She is afraid even if she talks to an attorney that she will be fired and blacklisted from further jobs. I know my daughter will have problems for the rest of her life because of this. She called me crying because she couldn't show her 6 year old a somersault. She is a physical and emotional wreck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.