Is there a way to appeal a 2 year license suspension, into a 1 year suspension after the fact?

Question Details: I am serving a 2 year suspension but participating in the interlock program. I have fulfilled all court ordered requirements, and my chemical dependency assessment found that I do not have an alcohol/chemical issue, but need PTSD counseling. I am currently in treatment for PTSD at the V.A.. I blew a .17, which is why it is a 2 year suspension. Is there a way to appeal this 2 year suspension in favor of a 1 year?

Matthew Majeski / Majeski Law, LLC Answered 6 years ago | Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.