Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Is it possible to overturn a felony conviction?

Question Details: My previous attorney encouraged me to take a plea agreement for an assault case to avoid possible prison time and going to trial. He also stated that I would be able to begin visitation with my kids again. I felt I wasn't guilty and could support that, however I believed him and now I have a felony, 2 years probation and am still not able to see or talk to my kids. Am I able to fight the previous conviction to clear my name?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.