Is it possible to keep a speeding ticket off my record in SC?

Question Details: Received my first speeding ticket in 8 years recently. Has been reduced, by phone, to 79 in a 70 zone for 2 points. It was a large laser speed trap (6 police cars) and no doubt I was doing the 82 mph I was originally cited for. In Illinois they had "court supervision" which kept the conviction off your record if there were no further offences. Is there something similar in SC, or is there any way to keep this off my record? I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly?) that I would not be able to "beat" this ticket in court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.