Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If in my recent divorce my ex and I were granted joint legal custody of our 11 year old child but my ex is behind in expense payments, can I move for primary custody?

Question Details: We were also ordered to do a direct shared expense plan. I am the primary residential custodian of the minor child. The respondent has not paid her 50 percent of the expenses for the quarter and she does not have a residence with a bedroom for the child nor does she have any income. If I file a motion with the courts can I receive support and primary custody?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.